CURRY COCONUT RAMEN SOUP WITH CORN
Made on Cup of Joe Caribbean
2 packs Knorr Chicken Ramen Noodles
1½ tbsp curry powder
1 tsp geera powder
2 ears sweet corn, cut in thin slices
1 large onion, diced
1 cup diced pumpkin
2 – 3 pimento peppers, seeded and diced
3 – 4 cloves garlic, diced
1 tbsp green seasoning
1 tsp all purpose seasoning
3 – 4 blades shadon beni, chopped
3 – 4 blades chives, cut in small pieces
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup coconut milk
2 – 3 cups water
Salt and black pepper
Few dashes pepper sauce
Juice of ½ lime or lemon
2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 30 seconds.
- Mix together the curry powder and geera powder with enough water to form a liquid paste. Add the curry mixture to the onions and cook stirring frequently for approximately 1 minute.
- Add the pumpkin, pimento peppers and corn and mix well into the curry. Add the garlic, green seasoning, all purpose seasoning and a few dashes of pepper sauce.
- Dissolve the seasoning from the Knorr Ramen into the chicken broth. Add the chicken broth and the coconut milk. Mix well. Add the water, cover and let cook for approximately 15 – 20 minutes.
- Add the Knorr Ramen Noodles. Add the chives and shadon beni. Mix well. Let cook for another 3 – 4 minutes or until the noodles are cooked. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Serve and enjoy.